Saturday, January 22, 2011

cycle faster please




I keep getting stuck behind really slow cyclists in the mornings. They cycle in a very nonchalant fashion all over the cycle lane, making them difficult to overtake. They absolutely do this on purpose to annoy me. I loudly exclaim things like, "For goodness sake!" to try and make them feel uncomfortable so they will get out of my way but they seldom hear me because of the wind, and if they do look round i panic and shrug, like, "Bicycle? What? Who said that?". But at the first opportunity, at a red light for example, I kick my pedals as hard as i can and tear past the offending party in a whirlwind of dust and fury, making snorting scoffing noises to convey my displeasure, sometimes firing back a ferocious glare to highlight how inconsiderate I feel they are being. I feel confident these factors have a strong resonance. I arrive at college satisfied that the slow cyclist will spend the rest of the day thinking about what they have done.

1 comment:

  1. haha, lovely :D even though I have to admit, that I probably cycle very slowly (if I ever decide to cycle, like, once in a year..) and my highest pleasure while cycling to school ever, was passing a little kid that was even slower. after this compensation of personal suffering I felt a bit embarrassed by myself.

    ReplyDelete

Followers