Sunday, October 24, 2010

and blinking, stepped into the sun

"Look Simba, everything the light touches is our kingdom"

These are the newest additions to the Gordon household. 5 chickens (strictly for egg-laying purposes) called Helga, Pheobe, Henrietta, Athena, (after Greek mythological characters, not my choice) and Jessica Fletcher (after the world's greatest daytime television detective from Murder, She Wrote.)



So I spent the day with them, because everyone else had gone out. They are lovely, subdued creatures, maybe because they are still quite young and haven't gone mental and squawky yet. They potter about, pecking at leaves and flies and sometimes they jump up and down on the spot, just because they can, which is very funny to watch, but they have a very calming effect. These are some draws I made.




They have wonderful feet, and when my sister picks them up and holds them, they point their toes, saying, "Red this week please, Barbara", like this:

3 comments:

  1. You know what?
    I'm so glad to know you...
    You have this light inside of you...
    I was loosing that light without notice it!
    Thanks for make me think about it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica fletcher is a great name for a chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me want to draw chickens.

    ReplyDelete

Followers